Calibrating Faculty and Managing Curriculum
Dates: Oct 04-Nov 08, 2017
Venue: 6 online evening sessions
Location: Learning module, Online
Online Registration is currently closed for this event.
"This was my first online course and it exceeded my expectations! You have
set the bar high for any future courses I take!”
Boyleston, RDH, M.S., Assistant Professor, Georgia Regents University, College
of Allied Health Sciences, Department of Dental Hygiene
The ADEA/AAL Institute for Allied Health Educators (IAHE) offers a convenient, collaborative and cutting-edge series of interactive online courses for full and part-time health educators and private practitioners embarking on a new career in academia.
This course is divided into 5 live online sessions on October 11, October 18, October 25, November 1 and November 8 from 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
The online orientation is October 4 from 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
The ADEA/AAL IAHE series features courses divided into weekly, live evening sessions held online, with assignments before each live session. You will be invited to participate in online discussions between sessions with the instructors and your colleagues,
and you can submit questions to the instructors at any time during the program.
This course will cover:
- Creating a Blended Learning Environment: Apply strategies for creating a blended learning environment
- Curriculum Design & Management: Discuss the use of curriculum mapping and course sequencing for optimal student success.
- Content Mapping for Curriculum Outcomes Assessment: Identify how to align various instructional strategies with assessments.
- Multidisciplinary Approach to Developing Rubrics: Develop rubrics to assess learning outcome statements in formative and summative assessments across multiple disciplines.
- Faculty Motivation: Discuss motivational theories and identify factors that impact faculty motivation.
Every live presentation is recorded and archived, so even if you miss a broadcast, you can view the slides and hear the instructor's commentary and Q&A with participants at your convenience. All archived sessions, readings and assignments also will be available to you
for weeks after the program concludes, to give you maximum flexibility, convenience, and opportunity to learn.
Floyd Butz IV,
M.P.H., RDH, CPH, Assistant Professor, College of Health Sciences, St.
Marcia M. Ditmyer,
Ph.D., M.S., M.B.A., M.C.H.E.S., Assistant Dean of Assessment and Instruction and Associate Professor, University of Nevada Las Vegas
Rebecca S. Wilder,
RDH, M.S., Professor and Director of Faculty Development, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry
The cost of this program for an individual is $350. The registration deadline October 6, 2017.
Participants can complete the assignments to earn 20 CE credits for each ADEA/AAL IAHE course, or they can choose to audit, getting full access to the materials but without completing the work or receiving the CE credits. The tuition remains the same
whether the course is audited or taken for credit.
New in 2017, institutions can enroll multiple faculty members by selecting the tier that best fits its development needs:
- The Tier 1 Site License entitles the institution to a 20% discount on 5 to 15 participants.
- The Tier 2 Site License provides a 25% discount on 16 or more participants.
Institutions receive the discount when the following occurs:
- Notification of the intent to send multiple faculty is received in advance so AAL can provide the appropriate discount code.
- If the institution is paying, multiple attendees register at the same time indicating payment by the same institutional check, PO or credit card.
- If each participant is paying individually, multiple attendees register at the same time and the discount will be divided evenly between the participants.
Alternatively, AAL alumni receive a $50 discount (cannot be combined with a tiered licensing discount).
To arrange for these discounts, please contact AAL Director of Professional Development Dr. Felicia
Tucker-Lively or call 404-350-2098.
Refund policy: View the
The American Dental Education Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or
endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
ADEA designates this activity for 20 continuing education credits. This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) through joint efforts between American Dental Education Association (ADEA) and the Academy for Academic Leadership (AAL).
For Further Information:
Please visit AAL’s
website or contact AAL Director of Professional Development
Dr. Felicia Tucker-Lively.
Contact: Dr. Felicia Tucker-Lively