In your time as an advisor, you will likely need to assist students who did not get into dental school the first time, but who intend to apply again. What should you tell them? Start by asking these essential questions:
- Why are you reapplying, and why now?
- What’s different in your application now compared with the last time you applied?
- Have you considered where you applied last time and evaluated if those schools are still the best fit this time around?
- If you had interviews, have you assessed how your interviews went and considered what could have been done differently?
- You will be asked to explain in your application and during interviews why you have decided to reapply to dental school. What self-assessment have you done to help you know you are ready to reapply now?